Monday, November 21, 2011

Early 40th celebration



.;










Last weekend we went to Fort Worth for the weekend to celebrate Wayne's 40th birthday a little early.  He has always wanted go to an NFL game, particularly the Cowboys so I planned it a little in advanced, worked it out with his boss so that he could be off part of the day on Friday and all day on Monday so that we would have plenty of time.  I got the tickets early (a gift from his parents, sisters, and me) and had them sent to Janel's house. It was supposed to be a surprise, but he figured it out as soon as I told him we were going somewhere. He's too smart.  Of course, it helped that I forgot to clear out my search history on the computer!

 We stayed with Janel and had a great time visiting with her.  We got to visit with Betty on Saturday, who is one of my dearest friends.  It's always good to see her and there is never enough time!  Sun. evening we visited with Amy (another of my dearest friends) and her family.  Gabriel had a great time playing with Audrey. I'm always amazed at how quickly he makes friends and wants to play with other kids.   It was the first time for us to see each other's kids!

Sunday Wayne and I went to the Cowboys game and really enjoyed it.  Janel graciously took care of the boys while we were there.  Our seats were up very high, but still not bad, especially with the massive Jumbo tron.  We bought some really pricey ultimate nachos and I was ultimately wishing later that I hadn't gotten them. : )  The Cowboys blew out the Bills, winning 44-7.  We picked a good game to go to.

On Monday as we were leaving, we went slightly out of our way so that we could go to In N Out Burger.  That was our favorite fast food burger place in CA and we had heard that there had been some built in D/FW area.  It did not disappoint!

No comments: