Monday, June 11, 2007

Why, oh why, do I blog?

I’m participating in a fun little survey among some internet/blogger friends today, so if you came looking for an update on Micah…look tomorrow. A friend took an incredible picture of him and I'll be posting that once I get it! I do intend to give an update!

How did you start blogging?

My husband and I decided to start a blog to keep friends and family updated on our son Micah. He was diagnosed with a serious neurological disorder when he was five months old. He’s now 2 years old.

Did you intend to have a blog with a following? If so, how did you go about it?

Well, I expected that some family and friends would read it, beyond that, I never expected that total strangers would be interested in reading it. At first, we sent an email to folks letting them know we had a blog and every now and then we remind people.

What do you hope to achieve or accomplish with your blog? Have you been successful? If not, do you have a plan to achieve those goals?

Refer to the answer in question one. I believe we have been successful in keeping people updated about Micah. I could be a little more consistent in posting though. My plan to do better is to get off my lazy duff and post once in a while. OK, I’m really not lazy; I just go through blog slumps, I suppose.

Has the focus of your blog changed since you started blogging? How?

Not a whole lot, really. Since I have been reading other people’s blogs and have been inspired AND entertained, sometimes I think about posting my thoughts on something and then it usually doesn’t happen.

I don’t think it has changed that much because I will always write about Micah since it is my main job to take care of him. And SO many people have been and are praying him. Yet, I think I need to free myself to write about other things too, because there really aren’t any blog police coming to get me. At least, I don’t think so.

What do you know now that you wish you’d known when you started?

I can’t think of anything; I’ve just been learning as I go. I have just had fun reading some of my friends’ blogs and new internet friends’ blogs. There is such a wealth of information (like great recipes), inspiring stories, and entertaining posts that make me howl with laughter.

Do you make money with your blog?

No, but I’m open to suggestions. : )

Does your immediate and extended family know about your blog? If so, do they read it? If not, why?

My immediate family (on both sides) does know about it. I know that at least a few of them read it. Extended family, I really have no idea.

What two pieces of advice would you give to a new blogger?

Enjoy it. Be encouraged by reading some of these other folks’ blogs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was good to read your thoughts on the survey. You can bet that this gramma looks frequently to see any updates. We are ready for you to bring on that picture you spoke about. Do you have a video yet of Micah walking across the room? His walking is such a wonderful event!!! I can't wait to see him walking!!!!
Gramma Karen

MMA Lady said...

This is a fun survey! I think I'll do it on my blog as well. By the way, I won't tell the Blog Police where you are, if you don't tell them where I am!