Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Bungee cord kitchen

Oh man!
Books everywhere

He even looks guilty


Loves dirt


Laundry area
Dishwasher


oven
These are a few of the things that we deal with on an almost daily basis. I am not posting these photos or writing about it simply to complain or be negative, it's just the way life is for us a lot. I also want to be able to look back and laugh someday and realize we don't need bungee cords anymore.
We have bungee cords attached to these various places to keep things together. Micah has loved to open the dishwasher door and sit on it or pull it down as hard as he could. It actually came completely out and the whole dishwasher was leaning forward out of it's hole. I think Wayne's Dad put some kind of screw in or something that fixed it. He has kind of lost his fascination with pulling the dishwasher lid down (maybe because he's realized he can't pull it), but we just keep the bungee cord attached just in case.
He is also quite obsessed with the washing machine and really wants me to open the door and start it most of the time he is at home. Sometimes I will humor him if I need to wash a load of clothes, then let him play in the water for just a little bit. He just loves water play and gets such a thrill when the washing machine is started. He will laugh and jump up and down and then put his hands in the water. Of course, most of the time I have to tell him I don't need to wash anything right that second, and I'm not sure he understands until I close the door.
The oven door has been the most annoying because he would open it and let it fly back to the closed position. He was doing it so much that now the door won't close all the way without the bungee cord.
The books have been an ongoing problem since we lived here. He pulls them off the shelf, puts them on the space above the shelf and pushes them off. Whether it's because he likes the cause and effect, is just trying to be annoying, or get attention is anyone's guess. He has also broken a few of our dining room chairs by completely knocking them over that my gracious father in-law has repaired each time.
I love my son, I know he is a gift and God has taught me a lot through him and will continue to teach me over the years. These things just cause me to be weary sometimes and I don't know what to do or how to not be weary. I know Jesus says "Come to me all who are weary..." I know the Scriptures, and that I need to pray. It's just hard sometimes. I can just be trying to get supper started or folding laundry, and he will start doing one of these things. There are days when he doesn't do these things as much, it just seems lately it has been at an all time high. I know many of you pray for us who read this, so I ask that you pray for wisdom, patience (wait, don't pray for that because it might be worse! : ), and compassion for him. Wayne always says that he is reminded that he is probably trying to communicate something when he acts out and of course, he can't talk to us and tell us what it is. Maybe someday!








2 comments:

Kecia said...

I do pray for you! And I can imagine your weariness. I was glad to read about Micah's communicating with his teacher at school! And that you had a fun time in Nac. Hope you have a good Thanksgiving!

on the eastern journey said...

What a great idea. Thanks for sharing. We could use a few bungee cords!